This is a dinner party favourite at our place, and on the off-chance there are any leftovers at all, guests beg to take them home!
Prep: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 - 20 mins
- 4-5 tbsp Lord & Lion Indian Chinese Scezhwan Sauce
- 3 large eggplants, washed and cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 cup of corn starch
- 1L of oil for deep frying
- 2 tsb sesame oil
- 2 cups of salted cashews
- 2 bunches of spring onion, cleaned and chopped finely
- 5 birds eye chilli, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- ¼ cup of dark soy sauce
- 200g of baby spinach
- Soak the chunks of eggplant in a pot of salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and coat in the corn starch.
- Heat the oil for deep frying. Fry each piece of eggplant (a few at a time) until it turns golden brown and leave on paper towels to drain.
- In a large wok, roast the cashews in the sesame oil and set aside.
- In the wok, fry up the garlic and ginger with the spring onions and add the soy sauce and chilli.
- Add the Lord & Lion Indian Chinese Schezwan Sauce and ½ of the roasted cashews and stir through.
- Add the eggplant and toss through.
- Spread the spinach on a serving platter, place the eggplant on top and scatter the remainder of the roasted cashews on top. Enjoy!