Lankan John Dory
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20-25 mins
From the Lankan Spice Box
- ½ tsp unroasted curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon powder
- 7 cardamom pods, bruised
- 7 curry leaves
- 1 whole John Dory (flesh, 1-1.2kg)
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of green beans, finely sliced
- 1 can coconut milk (light)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- Sea salt flakes
- 2 tbs of lemon oil (we love @riovistaolives)
- 1/3 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- Pre heat oven to 200C
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat, add in the olive oil and stir fry the onions and celery. Add ginger garlic paste and stir through for 1 minute.
- Add the Lord & Lion Spice Box ingredients and cook for a few moments, allowing them to bloom in flavour.
- Add the green beans, tin tomatoes, coconut milk and ¾ cup of water.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then add in the John Dory and a good sprinkling of sea salt.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes on 170C or until the fish is just cooked through.
- Once cooked, allow to rest for a few minutes, dress with coriander and a dash of lemon oil. Serve immediately with steamed rice and coconut yoghurt.