Cook time: 30 mins
Maharaja Spice Box ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 3-inch stick of Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli
- 1 tsp coriander
- 4 Star Anise
- 8 cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g frozen jackfruit, thawed
- Start cooking 3 cups of rice with 2-3 star anise and 4 cardamoms and a stick of Ceylon cinnamon.
- In a large, heavy based pot, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Mix until they splutter and add the onions.
- Sauté the onions until golden.
- Add all the remaining spices and salt. Mix through for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Add the jackfruit and cook on medium flame for 20 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Wait until the rice is about 70-80% cooked through then drain the rice and add into the jackfruit masala mixture.
- Mix well and cook for 10-15 minutes until rice is cooked through.
Serve with a mango chutney and a side of yoghurt relish.